Monday, September 11, 2006

Are you a gamer?

I will talk about "Understanding the Player" at the NG06. I kinda like the division done by Parks Associates as well as their notions that 'If you lump all non-core gamers into the casual group, you run the risk of losing focus'. Their basic idea is to divide gamers into six segments: power gamers, social gamers, leisure gamers, dormant gamers, incidental gamers and occasional gamers. I think this is a good start to try to understand the diversity of gamers -- as well as games -- if nothing else. I will discuss about these (and other) segments of users on 19th Sept. in Malmö Sweden.

But who am I really to talk about gamers? I decided to do some tests to make sure of my knowledge on games. This is SUPER serious...

First I did 'Your gamer type' quiz.


The positive thing is that girl gamer is not opposite to hc gamer. What type of a gamer is a girl gamer, I wonder. I am not really sure if I am 78% girlgamer but on the other hand if it is written in the Internet it must be true, right?

Next one: Ultimate game quiz.

Pretty good, huh? Out of 50 questions I got 84 % right :)

Besides NG06 I will also discuss about games and gamers at Tilt.tv (web/tv) at least in the form of reviews.

No comments: